MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
what is ddos attack?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is ddos attack?
My websites are going down and coming up frequently

I asked my provider. They said they are having DDoS attack. What is this? How do i now save my sites?

can some professional give me a clear explanation whats a DDOS attack?
DDoS or Distributed Denial of Service occurs when an attacker sending a lot of traffic at the server at once, therefore blocking legitimate traffic (and making the site go offline). Further read on how DDoS works and common types of DDoS: https://www.casbay.com/blog/tips-sharing...dos-attack
However, your sites should be fine once they mitigate the attack.
DDoS attacks are generally very hard to mitigate. It depends on the size tho.
In really simple terms, it spams the webserver with traffic until the webserver is "overloaded" with the requests and the requests from "real" customers will not be able to go through.