MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
What are exactly backlinks?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are exactly backlinks?
Hi, I'm still learning about website and SEO, and it seems I have not totally grasped what a backlink is.

And also I haven't researched enough about backlinks, that's why I would like to know more.
A backlink is a reference link to your website/page and it can be dofollow or nofollow.
The backlink is like a bridge between one website to another website. By default, it should be dofollow links.
The tag of no follow links is: rel=”nofollow”
(07-08-2021, 11:02 AM)yyao1002 Wrote: Hi, I'm still learning about website and SEO, and it seems I have not totally grasped what a backlink is.

And also I haven't researched enough about backlinks, that's why I would like to know more.

Hello, 

backlinks are created when one website links to another website. For example, if a climbing site (website A) links to a blog post (website B) that compares the best hiking equipment. 

Backlinks are very important for SEO because they signal to Google that other resources find your content valuable enough to link to it in their own content. When a website gets additional backlinks, search engines will infer that the website has valuable content and is worthy of ranking high on the SERP.