MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How do you check your hosting quality?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you check your hosting quality?
I check my site with Google PageSpeed Insights. I am checking during the middle of night when there is almost no traffic so I know there is no effect of server load. At least from my site.
I see big difference from test to test. Even between mobile and desktop in single test.
Score goes from 35 to 90 so I know web site is optimized for SEO since I get 90.
I know Google ads and other scripts can cause problems but I postpone adsbygoogle.js load and I have plugins for async load.I use Wordpress.

What would be good tool to check server response and server metrics?

Thank you
(06-25-2021, 02:26 PM)russ111 Wrote: I check my site with Google PageSpeed Insights. I am checking during the middle of night when there is almost no traffic so I know there is no effect of server load. At least from my site.
I see big difference from test to test. Even between mobile and desktop in single test.
Score goes from 35 to 90 so I know web site is optimized for SEO since I get 90.
I know Google ads and other scripts can cause problems but I postpone adsbygoogle.js load and I have plugins for async load.I use Wordpress.

Thank you

1. Different WP theme can change load time couple of times

2. add injector plugin will add load time and in some cases prevent caching than placing - add ads code directly in the theme

3. Some people do not know how to read PageSpeed results ....

test the speed from your browser Inspect option if you close to your location you customers will be
Your connection speed, as well as connection speed of your web site/ blog visitors does not depend on the web hosting provider. That mostly depends on the network providers and on the rooting algorithms of the network.

Perhaps you can do some tests from the locations of your target audience. In this case you can have some informative results to analyze.
I have personally used webpagetest quite often, and it can help you too for checking the quality of hosting, as it runs 3 test simultaneously and each test shows TFFB i.e. Time for First Byte, which is the most crucial part for the hosting, along with the load time.

It will give you full breakdown for each and every script and static content of the website, real insight into the load time and other details.

Another alternative is gtmetrix. That works good too, but only 1 test at a time. Shows most of the result and one more plus point is it shows how to fix those issues too.
(06-25-2021, 02:26 PM)russ111 Wrote: I check my site with Google PageSpeed Insights. I am checking during the middle of night when there is almost no traffic so I know there is no effect of server load. At least from my site.

Thank you

Jmeter can be used for Load and performance testing on the target application.