MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
file transfer through ftp

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
file transfer through ftp
I'm learning how to use Linux. I've set up two Centos 7 virtual machines. I'd like to move files between these two CentOS VMs.
To keep it simple, I log in as root with the same password on both machines. Both machines are pinging each other (network established).
I turned off the firewall on both machines. The FTP package is installed and operational on both machines. However, when I enter the command ftp <ip address of other machine>, I receive the error "connection refused." This has something to do with authorizations.
But if I'm using root as a user, what's the problem? What am I doing wrong?
To use ftp, you must first set up, configure, and run an ftp server. That isn't included in the default installation, so you'd have to install it first.

Ssh and related utilities such as scp and sftp are included in the default installation. Instead, use one of those.