MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Ports opened for SMTP (587 / 465), still cannot connect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ports opened for SMTP (587 / 465), still cannot connect
Hello,

My server hosts a website that requires an SMTP connection to an external mail server (Either 587 or 465).

I configured the following ports in firewalls:

[root@60b250e9c256a30001258cd5 public]

# firewall-cmd --zone=public --permanent --list-ports
10090-10100/tcp 587/tcp 465/tcp

However, I am still unable to connect to the external mail server.

Both ports are closed, according to https://portchecker.co/.

When I try to connect to them via telnet from my own PC, the connection is lost.

According to my email provider, the problem is on my end....

Do you have any ideas what this could be?
You do not need to open any ports on your server's firewall. The firewall on the server has been configured to allow ports 587 and 465 by default.

However, if your mail SMTP connection continues to fail, you should check to see if your mail domain is correctly pointed. Otherwise, please double-check your SMTP credentials to see what you need to assign.
This is a network error that occurred while attempting to connect to the Server. It indicates that the error is occurring because no server is listening at the hostname and port you specified. It literally means that the machine exists, but no services are listening on the specified port. As a result, no connection can be established. In most cases, something is preventing a connection to the port or hostname. Either a firewall is preventing the connection or the process hosting the service is not listening on that specific port. This could be due to the fact that it is not running at all or that it is listening on a different port.