MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Unable to ping any IP address from CentOS 8 VPS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to ping any IP address from CentOS 8 VPS
I'm unable to ping any external IP addresses from my CentOS 8 VPS, but I can ping domains.

The problem is that I have one VPS with a website that needs to send API requests to another VPS that is not on the same subnet.

The server with the website is x.97.169.30, and pinging another VPS x.18.255.239 yields no results.

I can ping domains and local IP addresses, but not any other external IP addresses.

Is there a solution? Thank you in advance to everyone.
By "able to ping domains," I assume you mean you can ping google.com, for example. What if you then ping the IP address to which that domain resolves? Because it makes no sense otherwise.

Is the value of the 'x' in x.97.169.30 and x.18.255.239 the same? What is your current interface's netmask?
I can ping Google's IP address (216.58.208.110), but not the IP address of my other CentOS VPS (x.18.255.239).
You can use the following command to determine your server's IP address:

IP address display

If the IP address that is associated with your website is not the same after checking, please edit the IP address that is matched with your website.

Another thing to check is that the IP address is public rather than local.

If it is a local IP address, please port forward it through NAT.